February 26, 2009

What We Can't Buy at Wal-Mart

I was suffering from some nasal congestion and got a recommendation from a friend to try some Sudafed. I decided it was time to go to Wal-Mart and buy some. One night after dinner I packed up my daughter and headed to Wal-Mart. I chose Wal-Mart because I also needed some other household items and as we all know, Wal-Mart has pretty low prices. We arived and began our shopping. As we made our way over to the Sudafed isle, I discovered instead of being able to get the box of Sudafed off the shelf. I had to grab a Sudafed card and then proceed to the pharmacy to collect my Sudafed. As I walked over to the pharmacy, I noticed all the lights off, windows shut and ultimately it was closed. I then noticed a sign explaining the hours of operation for the pharmacy. I then noticed a sales person stocking a shelf near by and asked her despite already knowing the answer that if the pharmacy is closed I would be unable to get my Sudafed. She affirmed my hunch the Sudafed was unattainable. I purchased my items minus the Sudafed and went home.

How come a store is open for 24 hours but has its pharmacy close at 7PM on weekdays. I mean doesn't it seem logical if a store is open 24 hours you would be able to purchase all the items the store has to offer 24 hours a day. I mean it is Wal-Mart. You can go up there at 3 in the morning and purchase some new underwear but if it was medicine you seek, you better think twice and probably head to Walgreens because they have all their products for purchase 24 hours a day. If you were in an emergency and needed medication the store you seek would definitely NOT be Wal-Mart. With all that is offered at Wal-Mart, it definitely isn't medication after 7PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment