February 10, 2009

The Chipotle Experience

Living in Duluth has many pros and cons but in my opinion the biggest con is the absence of the fast food chain Chipotle. When I left Duluth in 1999 for college in St. Paul, MN I was introduced to this wonderful food chain and immediately fell in love. I cherished every time I could enjoy my chicken burrito that was conveniently located throughout the metro area. It is an unfortunate tragedy that Chipotle has neglected to expand to northern Minnesota. It was even more unfortunate for me when in 2005 I moved back to northern Minnesota that is 150 miles away from any Chipotle. Upon my arrival back to northern Minnesota I have shared my wonderful experiences at Chipotle with many residents. The most common response I receive from residents of northern Minnesota is, "What is Chipotle?" I then care to explain to them the smell, and enjoyment one receives while ordering their meat, black or pinto beans, salsa, sour cream and cheese that is magically stuffed into an extra large tortilla. Even after this explanation many still ask, "What is so special about that?" I then enlighten the residents of northern Minnesota when they travel to the metro area of they must make a stop at Chipotle.
As a testament of what I am talking about I work with one of the most picky eaters I have ever met. He has lived in northern Minnesota his whole life and until last year he had never had the pleasure to enjoy a Chipotle burrito. During work last year he had the opportunity of traveling to Minneapolis and had time for lunch. I convinced him to try Chipotle. After helping him order, showing him how to unwrap the foil and watching him sink his teeth into his first Chipotle burrito, it was love at first bite. This guy has been in love with Chipotle ever since and obsesses about when the next time he will travel to Minneapolis for business.
So I would suggest to all people who have never experienced the joy of eating Chipotle burritos, google Chipotle, locate the closest location and make the trip. It will be worth your time and money even during these tough economic times.
As I sign off tonight, don't be scared to try new things and especially not the Chipotle burrito.

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree that Chipotle rules!!! I love the chicken burrito!!! Thank you Eddie for introducing several of us to the Chipotle experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why Yes i am a picky eater and i do love to stop now at chipotle for luch evey time i go to the cities:) when u wanna be full thats the place to go
    thanks eddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chipotle is the B-O-M-B. When I lived in Chicago there was a Chipotle next door to where I worked and I bet I ate there at least three or four times a week. Even if it was just chips and salsa. When I go to the cities it is my one MUST STOP place to go! Rachael has even brought me back a burrito in a cooler when she comes home! :) I actually wrote to Chipotle and requested that a store be opened in Duluth for the mere fact that everyone here looks forward to going to the cities for Chipotle! We'll see if they ever decide to move it up north. Man, do I want a steak fajita burrito right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie, Lora and I have personaly written the owners of Chipotle and asked them to put a store in Duluth. In my day, I ate over 600 Barbacoa burritos.... I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam and I enjoy Chipotle as well. Mmmmm Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete