March 1, 2009

My Love, My Baby, My Iphone!


As some of you may know, the one piece of technology I love to buy all the time is the cell phone. Heather can testify, since the Iphone was on the market, I asked her weekly, " Can we get an Iphone?" Heather's response usually consisted of, "Eddie, do you need a new cell phone or want a new cell phone?" I tried to make my argument better and better each time but needless to say I didn't get my new Iphone like I wanted.


About a month before Christmas I don't know what happened but Heather came to me one day and said, "Eddie, I really think we should get Iphones!" I was floored. I was stunned. I was looking at our check book. I responded, "Heather do you need a new cell phone, or want a new cell phone." She responded, "Ha Ha very funny." So without further hesitation we were off to AT&T to get our new cell phones. Upon arriving in the store I was like a kid in a candy store. I looked at the Iphone in ahhh. I talked to salesmen, bargained and used some moxy to try and get us the best deal possible. I even talked to other customers who said the Iphone was the coolest thing they ever bought. Well, after a short period of time, Heather and I decided our Christmas presents to each other would be the Iphone.


Since obtaining the Iphone in November I must say it is the coolest thing I have ever used. Let me give you a run down of just 10 things you can do on the Iphone. First of course the text message. It is so nice instead of having to make a call, you just send a quick message that requires no verbal interaction. Heather and I decided to get unlimited text messaging and let me tell you it was a good thing we did because combined, Heather and I send out about 2500 text messages a month. Second, you can surf the internet. Even better yet when you have WiFi access, surfing the internet is lightning fast and painless. Third, surf around on Itunes. You can buy a song on Itunes and instantly listen to it on your phone. Wanna listen to that song you just heard on the radio again? No problem, for only $.99 you can have it with the touch of a button. Fourth, instant map access to pin point your current location. Then if you need directions to a future destination your Iphone will map it out and give you turn by turn directions to get you there. Fifth, it's also an Ipod. All your songs, movies, and podcasts are viewable. (Quick side note, Emma loves watching Wall-E on my Iphone.) Sixth, you have instant access to up to 6 email accounts. I mean who has 6 email accounts? But if you did, you would know instantly when your emails arrive and read them right away. Seventh, you can sync the calendar on your Iphone to your calendar on your computer. This way when you are working and add a new event it automatically uploads to your phone without any further work. Eighth, instant weather updates to where ever you might be. The Iphone automatically determines your current location and gives you an up to date, seven day forecast of what to expect. Ninth, you can download for free or for purchase applications that will help make your life even easier than it already is. I know you have all seen the newest commericals from Apple advertising, "There's an app for that." Let me share my favorite app I downloaded for free. Shazam. This app is so cool, remember hearing that song on the radio and you have no idea who sings it? Well, if you run shazam while the song is playing on the radio, shazam will listen to the song and in about 10 seconds tell you the name of the song, the artist, and album. You also get a link to watch the music video on You Tube, and a link to Itunes to purchase the song. Finally, I almost forgot you can make calls too.


Don't be fooled by this and think these 10 things are it. Oh no! It appears the possibilities are almost endless. This phone is so user friendly that I would be happy to give you a demonstration if you would like. They are a bit pricy but trust me when you have it, you will tell everyone like I am telling you, "It is the best investment I have ever made!"

1 comment:

  1. I can also confirm how happy you were when u got the I-Phone! I know you wanted it for awhile. Plus, I'm glad that you both have texting! Side note...Wall-E is a good movie!

    ReplyDelete