March 14, 2009

Why I hate Brett Favre

Living my whole life in the state of Minnesota I have many loyalties: Minnesota State Fair, Golden Gopher sports, Minnesota T-Wolves, and most importantly the Minnesota Vikings. I would consider myself a loyal Vikings watcher every Sunday no matter what. Because of my loyalty to the Vikings I have inherited a feeling that most Vikings fans have which is hate. This hate in particular is for one specific man and his name is Brett Favre.

If there is one team on the planet I hate more than any other it is the Green Bay Packers. Who was the leader of this team for 17 seasons? That’s right, Brett Favre. I sat by and watched him orchestrate fourth quarter drives to defeat my Vikings more times than not. I sat by and watched him win a Super Bowl. I sat by and watched him receive a MVP trophy, twice. During this whole time I will go on record and say I was cheering against him every time. I want nothing more than to watch him fail, get hurt, or retire.

What drives my hatred even more now is talk of people in this great state wanting to see him run out of the tunnel at the Metrodome in purple and gold. How can people turn a cheek and want a man who has done more to hurt this organization than help? How can people be so selfish for a Super Bowl victory they would support the signing of this man? I realize all his records, I respect his ability to play the game but I will never support or agree with bringing him to Minnesota. I hear the argument if we had a quarterback we could win a Super Bowl but NO to Brett Favre.

I hope and pray Brett Favre will never put on a Vikings uniform and so far my prayers have been have answered. But if by any chance Brett Favre manages to sneak his way here to Minnesota, I will not ever, and I mean ever, watch a Minnesota Vikings game in which Brett Favre is the starting quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment