April 29, 2009

Lost the TV Show

It wasn’t until just recently after watching my friend post daily statuses on Facebook about his obsession for the TV show Lost did I inquire to him if this show was any good. He quickly responded with an emphatic, “It’s a great show.” To which I responded, can I borrow Season 1? The next day I was in possession of Season 1. Heather and I that night sat down to check it out. Before placing disc 1 in our DVD player we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.
I must preface the rest of this blog by sharing a little story with you. For the past few years I have been hearing from the in-laws, “Don’t call on Thursday nights between the hours of 8-9PM. We are watching Lost.” I must admit I kept thinking to myself what is so great about this show? They are on an island, stuck there, with nothing. How do you make a show like that good? Well it is good and once you start watching you are addicted.

So, now let’s get back to season 1 disc 1. Each disc contains 4 episodes and without commercial interruptions you can get through an episode in about 45 minutes. That first night was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Heather and I watched the first 4 episodes that night without blinking an eye. We wanted to continue watching, but we thought twice because we had to get up for work the next morning. Once you start watching, you are addicted. You must watch another episode, you must. I have found myself wanting to turn it off but not had the will power. I keep watching and keep wondering, what is going to happen next. The show hooks you in and you can’t turn it off. I am hooked, every night I must watch 2 episodes at least. I obsess about watching more and more episodes. I will also say my sleep schedule is suffering from this show. Friday and Saturday nights I’m up till about 1 or 2 in the morning. Not because I can’t sleep but because I am watching Lost.

I am so glad I don’t have to wait a whole week between episodes. I would not be able to watch only 1 episode a week and then wait an entire week to watch the next one. I would go insane. I am almost going insane having to wait each day for work to get over so I can go home and watch more.

Lost is so great I would recommend to anyone to watch it. But if you have not figured out already, give yourself lots of time because once you start, you won’t be able to stop.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Kudos to whomever got you into the show Lost ;). Our sleep schedule suffered as well while watchin Lost. And yes, it's great that you don't have to wait 1 week to catch the next episode. I'm not sure how anyone could be in suspense like that for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You convinced me! I'm going to rent it this weekend. Thanks :)
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice Eddie! LOST is the bomb. Man, you have a looong way to go though. I just had a similar experience with The Wire and Sopranos.... it's takes up so much time, but its worth it in the end!

    PS...after LOST you guys have to shoot for The Wire and Sopranos if you haven't already. Actually, maybe hold off 'til next winter!

    ReplyDelete