April 7, 2009

Are you insulting me?




Do you feel insulted when you don't make it on a person's Facebook friend list? Do you try and add as many friends as possible? Do you reject people or do you accept everyone and anyone? I will help clear the air as to why you may or may not be on my friend list.


For me personally I only want people looking around my page who I keep in contact with or have been close friends with in the past. I have got numerous requests from people I went to high school with (over 10 years ago) I rarely talked to or associated with. I looked at their request and wonder why in the world they all of the sudden want to be my "Facebook Friend." I have no problem pushing "ignore" when I receive those requests. And sometimes it is more than one time. But then I wonder if those people are insulted I will not add them to my friend list.


I am not trying to get the most friends ever so I will never add everyone and anyone. There are also some people I absolutely don't want on my friend list. I recently had an encounter with someone who didn't say they were mad but looked mad I had ignored their friend request. In not so many words this person said, "You better add me as your friend." Is it such a big status symbol to have Facebook friends? I don't care if other people on my friend list are friends with you, that doesn't mean you're gonna be on my friend list. Don't get mad, after all it is only Facebook. I know I'm not too special that when I push "ignore" I'm telling that person they are no good and their life isn't worth living.

This makes me wonder, how do people feel when you see someone after they were rejected. Do people have hostility, anger, or do they hold a grudge over this rejection?

If Facebook friends are that important I would argue, Facebook friend requests should come with a portion so you can give an explanation as to why you should be accepted on someones friend list. Then if the person doesn't like what you have to say or your reason can't persuade them to push "confirm" then you have no one to blame but yourself. Wait a minute, Facebook does allow you to send a message to people who aren't on your friend list. So, if you are mad and/or insulted you have not been allowed on my friend list I would suggest you send me a message as to why you want on my friend list. I will read your message carefully and Also if you want send me a message why I'm stupid feel free to do that as well. I promise I won't take it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment