May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday

I recently celebrated a birthday and turned the ripe old age of 29. It was a wonderful birthday.

So let's recap. My birthday fell on a Wednesday. I woke up and went to work. Sounds pretty exciting so far huh? During the day at work I kept thinking about what I would be doing later that night. Heather works on Wednesday nights, Emma and I go to church for Wednesday night activities. I just assumed that we (the family) would partake in some fun activities on the weekend. During work Heather sent me a text and asked what I wanted for my birthday dinner, sloppy Joe's or tator tot hot dish. I chose sloppy Joe's. Well as work was wrapping up my friends asked what I was going to do later that night. I said well go home, eat supper with Emma (remember Heather works) and then go to church. They wished me a happy birthday and I was on my way home.

Now the plot thickens, I arrived home to a wonderful greeting from Emma and Heather on the back deck. They greeted me with hugs and kisses and many happy birthdays. We proceeded inside when I noticed a pot on the stove without the stove on. I went over to check the stove and Heather had put a note in a pot that read, "Happy Birthday We are eating out at Blackwoods." I was very excited to learn Heather got her shift covered and had the night off. I then asked if we were going out to eat by ourselves. Heather said our friends weren't able to make it.

Plot gets even thicker. As I began to get ready for dinner, Emma says, "Daddy guess what?"

I say, "What?"

"Stephanie, Cory, Kelli and Matt are coming out to dinner with us," Emma says with a big huge smile on her face. I look over at Heather who says, "Emma you ruined the surprise."

Heather had got all our friends together to have a great birthday dinner with us. I was super excited and because of Heather I had a wonderful 29Th birthday.

Watch out world, coming next year the big 3-0.

2 comments:

  1. We're glad you had a great birthday. Dinner was amazing! The Scene It and Balderdash was fun...Star Trek was a great movie! Oh! And that cake!...even better! Happy 2-9 again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Eddie---and CONGRATS on the new addition to the family!
    -Joel

    ReplyDelete