July 1, 2009

I Drink Diet Coke No More

Last week I made a harsh decision with a friend of mine. We decided it was time to give up one of our true loves, yep that’s right, Diet Coke and all soda. We no longer enjoy this sweet nectar of the Cola gods. We will no longer spend that $1.49 on a 20 ounce at the gas station when we fill up. We will no longer feel the sugar of a Mountain Dew eat away at the enamel of our teeth. We will no longer get that caffeine high we crave half way through the day. All soda is now on the endangered species list of our lives.

I am not going to lie this past weekend was very hard. There was nothing better I would have liked to do than crack open a nice cold Diet Coke. But with the help of my wife and the thoughts in the back of my head I could not let my friend down, I resisted the temptation and enjoyed an even better ice cold glass of……WATER. Water is so good and I have invested in the Crystal Light single serving packets to make my water tropical, lemonade, and even other funky brands from Crystal Light.

Now this doesn’t mean I have eliminated caffeine from my diet. I still enjoy two nice cups almost every morning with some sugar free French vanilla creamer. I am not crazy. I still need some caffeine in my life but it will no longer come from my first love, Diet Coke. Tomorrow will be one week without pop and I will and must keep you all updated on my progress. I know you will all be sitting at the edge of your seats in anticipation to hear how my progress is going. I appreciate your prayers, texts and messages of support during this difficult time. Thank you and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment